C/C++C, and it's cousin C++ are general-purpose programming languages, used in many applications & operating systems. It has a large number of libraries to add to the programmer's toolkit.
Compliers and Libraries
- DJGPP: This is a dos based C Compiler (Can also run on the windows commandline. It is based upon GCC.
- MinGW: This is a reimplementation of the windows header files, as well as a base libc. This can be used to create graphical windows applications, as well as console applications. It also comes with a port of GCC for the windows environment.
- The C Programming Language (K&R): This famous manual was written by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie in 1988. Instructs users on C's syntax, such as variables, functions, pointers, arguments, e.t.c.
- CPPReference:C/C++ Basic Reference Guide. Bare basics of the languages & api.
- Posix specifications: Linux & MacOSX are based on the POSIX specifications. A beautiful reference guide
- Beej's Guide to Network Programming: This guide is one of the best guides for socket programming in the C language